Monday, August 22, 2016

Catching Heat - 5 Star Book Review



Good Morning! I just finished reading this fabulous book by Janice Cantore. Catching Heat is the third book in the Cold Case Justice Series. I was blessed with an advanced copy from Tyndale House to review and I literally could not put this book down! The story of Abby and Luke continues as they search for more clues into the deaths of Abby's parents some twenty seven years ago. After reading the first few pages I realized I just had to go find the first two books in the series and start there, even though the author does a fabulous job of catching you up if it's the first book you've read. Drawing Fire is where the story begins, and in Burning Proof the mystery continues. As you get to know Abby and Luke, you see how their stories intertwine, each supporting the other, both with different reasons for trying to solve the twenty seven year old murder.

I was so engrossed with this book. The story lines mixed with getting to know the characters was so well written. I read all three books in three days while I was on holidays!  I couldn't wait to see what happened next and how the mystery would be solved. I loved Abby's character, a woman on a mission! Luke is a great support for her and his story is captivating. Bring in a few returning characters and the story draws you in. I would say this is one of my new favourite authors! I am now going to read the next series she has written. All in all the book gets a 5 star rating!! You won't be disappointed if like a good mystery! The book is being released Sept 1, 2016, so plenty of time to read the first two in the series!


 Thanks so much for stopping by. I love reading your comments and I appreciate your scrappy support! Have a wonderfully happy scrappy day! Lynn

 Affiliate Disclosure: I am so blessed to be able to share and create content free of charge. In order to do this, please note that when you click links and purchase items, in most (not all) cases I will receive a referral commission. Your support in purchasing through these links is very much appreciated. All the items are supplies that I personally use and recommend. Thank you again for your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I so appreciate you stopping by and leaving a comment. I love to read them, they make me smile! Blessings for a beautiful day.