Tuesday, August 28, 2018

The Struggle is Real - Book Review

The Struggle Is Real by Nicole Unice
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Yes, my friends, the struggle is real. We struggle at work, at home, with family and friends. How are we coping? Do we sit and wonder why we are struggling? The author Nicole Unice states it so clearly when she says “Our struggles are the training ground for wisdom”. Yes, God uses our struggles to teach us wisdom, to teach us patience and humbleness. Nicole shares her struggles and stories in such a beautiful way that you feel you are sitting with her at your kitchen table and are finally seeing the light for the first time. Things start to become crystal clear. We are not alone, God is with us. Our struggles are what make us who we are. We can take down the façade of pretending as Nicole says “that our particular circumstances are harder than we deserve, but outwardly pretending we are too spiritual to get worked up about them”. She keeps it “real”, everyday real, real life “real”.

I found this book refreshing. I let down my guard and searched deep within to face my reality and to gain wisdom. The fog of pretending was disappearing and life was making sense again. There are many layers left to peel away, but I found this book soul searching and it makes you want to open up and see what lies beneath all the layers we have been hiding behind. A solid five stars for this book. Thank you to Tyndale House for an advanced copy of the book to review.


View all my reviews

 Thanks so much for stopping by. I love reading your comments and I appreciate your scrappy support! Have a wonderfully happy scrappy day! Lynn Affiliate Disclosure: I am so blessed to be able to share and create content free of charge. In order to do this, please note that when you click links and purchase items, in most (not all) cases I will receive a referral commission. Your support in purchasing through these links is very much appreciated. All the items are supplies that I personally use and recommend. Thank you again for your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I so appreciate you stopping by and leaving a comment. I love to read them, they make me smile! Blessings for a beautiful day.