Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Zoo Lights





The new challenge at Practical Scrappers is to use Kraft Paper. I bought this awhile ago and wasn't sure what to do with it, lol. My usual shopping habit is to buy stuff before I think, lol. When I saw the challenge that little light bulb came on and away I went. The paper is even called "Cherry & Kraft". This is a photo of Nicole and Chris at zoo lights. We took a trip to Calgary and they treated us to a night out on the town complete with a tour of the Calgary zoo all lit up. Fabulous! I used the sketch #32 at Frosted Designs to complete my layout. Their sketches are amazing. The weather here is cold, cold, cold...-40C with the windchill...yikes. So now the decision is...scrap or clean? Yeah, I know, no contest! Scrapping always wins!
Supplies: Canvas Corp: Kraft Love Words, Cherry & Kraft Hearts, Cherry & Kraft Hearts Reverse, Big Stripe, My Minds Eye Life Stories Description of Activity Paper, Provo Craft Letter Stickers, Stickles Black Diamond, Misc. Brads, Wilton Doilies

9 comments:

  1. Cool work and a great take with the sketch..love the sweet details!
    byebye,lean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done! I am one to buy before I have a plan, too! I think you are very much not alone in that one! Great use of the FD sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of the Calgary Zoo lights....will have to remember that for next year! Really cute page, Lynn! Yep...I agree...let's scrap, NOT clean :) ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous creation using our latest sketch. Thanks so much for joining us over at Frosted Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the papers you used and this is a very great interpretation of the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH, what an awesome layout!! Your layering is fantastic and I realy love this color combo!!! Great job with the sketch. THanks so much for playing along at Frosted Designs!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful layout!!!! The kraft and red go great together.. and so glad you could do both challenges over at Frosted Designs!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh, I just LOVE this- the red w/kraft looks totally amazing- especially with the black accents. Your take on the sketch is fab- thx so much for joining us @ Frosted Designs!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this! I have this background paper, too and now I have a plan to use it!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate you stopping by and leaving a comment. I love to read them, they make me smile! Blessings for a beautiful day.