Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Strength Courage & Wisdom



Today was a very sad day for our family. Our beloved pet of sixteen years passed away this morning, peacefully in my arms. She was my companion and a friend to many. She will be sadly missed. Again, I couldn't face being around the house cleaning her things, so I came to my studio and did what I do for therapy. I scrap! When I saw the challenge today at Scrap It With A Song I started to cry and knew what I wanted to do. The challenge was a song for the New Year. I chose India Arie "Strength, Courage & Wisdom". I love the lyrics so much I included them in my layout to remind me of what I want to achieve.  Below is the link to the song, and it is so fitting for me. The last two years have been trying for sure. I don't want to go into details, but two surgeries, a brain trauma, and my family being by my side has made me the person I am today. I want to grow, I want to smile, I want to be happy and just live for today. I also combined this with a sketch challenge at Let's Capture These Sketches which was so beautiful, I hope I did it justice. P.S. Thanks to all of you that voted for me today at http://www.practicalscrappers.com/2012/01/layout-contest-group-5_17.html . It's a one day only vote, so I appreciate all our your support my friends.





Supplies: Bo Bunny Time Piece, Time Piece Dot, Bo Bunny Et Cetera Extra, Prima Flowers, Tim Holtz Walnut Ink, American Crafts Ribbon, Making Memories Alphabet Charms,

9 comments:

  1. This layout brought tears to my eyes knowing the journey you have gone through and being there with you every step of the way. You have more strength, wisdom and courage than anyone I know! Love you and I love your take on this sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sooooo sorry about your pet...it does help to scrap, either we can put things out of our minds for awhile, or think about them more deeply. Either way, it works! Beautiful layout to go with your song...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry for your loss Lynn! Hugs to you!

    Your layout and inspiration are beautiful! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Scrap it With a Song!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous layout! Love the bobunny papers and design. Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap it With a Song!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm soooo sorry to hear about you losing your pet...and also about enduring so many trials in your life. This layout is a beautiful and profound expression of your strength...well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry about your pet. It is so hard to loose them. Your page is beautiful and a great tribute. Thanks for sharing with us at SIWAS. Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  7. this layout is a gorgeous tribute to your pet, it's wonderful how you can find strength in the lyrics of a song. Thanks for joining in the DT Call at Scrap It With a Song, we'll be announcing our choices at the end of the month. =) Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  8. I so sorry about the loss of your pet. This page is a wonderful tribute. Thanks for playing along at Scrap It With A Song!

    ReplyDelete
  9. {{{hugs}}} on the loss of your beloved family member. But look what beauty came from your grief today. Thanks for playing along with us at LCTS.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate you stopping by and leaving a comment. I love to read them, they make me smile! Blessings for a beautiful day.