Monday, December 31, 2012

These are the Moments I want to Remember




Hope you have your coffee handy...this is going to be a long one!!

I was sitting her reflecting on what happened in my life in 2012. Wow..what a year! As I was thinking about it I thought...geeeze, this is going to sound like I'm bragging about myself. About all the good things that happened this year. Why do we do that? Why can't we "blow our own horn" once a year? I guess I just don't want to come across the wrong way. But then I thought..no you have to document this..for YOU. My friends will cheer! They have shared my tears, my joys and my silly sense of humor, so they will share this too with me. So on my art journal/smash page I wrote about a few things that I was proud of, remembered and laughed about in 2012. So for Me, for you and for us...here is my list!

* We lost our family pet Tessa in January after 16 years of love and cuddles. I still miss my girl.
* In February we adopted Daisy. After a month of crying my hubby turned to me and said "you need a puppy don't you?". She fills my days with smiles.
* We then adopted Jax in April after a late night phone call from Sonia. Now life was getting fun. Two puppies in two months.
* We spent a lot of our summer out at the cabin, playing with the puppies and having late night chats out on the deck. Chips and Dips and tons of movies made for a great summer.
* Clint and I got away to Victoria for a few days in September. It was a trip full of memories. From the wine tour, to new friendships and I was most impressed that I got on a boat and went whale watching. Something you may not know about me...I'm terrified of water!
* I set a goal for myself for 2012, and that was to design for a manufacturer. I'm so blessed and still pinch myself when I say I'm part of the Bo Bunny Design Team as of August. I met my goal and am so proud of myself ( and I don't say that often)
* I was also so excited to win a scrapbooking contest in February. I didn't even think I would make the top 75, and was shocked when it came down to the top 3. Then I was getting nervous. When they announced I had won, I couldn't believe it. Yes, many of you remember it I'm sure...all the voting, lol.
* I was on 8 different design teams from January thru August. I guess that's where the 250 projects came from on my blog, lol. Gosh, that's over 20 a month!
* I was also thrilled to be published in several magazines this past year and was honored to guest design for a few manufacturers.
* I also got to design for my local scrapbook store, Urban Scrapbook. It's so fun to walk into the store and see some of my layouts showcased.

Now 2013... what will it bring? I would love to be published more, be on another manufacturer team and try new things with scrapbooking. Maybe tutorials, or combine my mixed media with my paper projects. I guess I should mention that I should exercise more, eat healthier and learn life balance too right? Well, if you've read this whole post, Thank You!! I really wanted to document my year, and I appreciate you staying until the end, lol. Your coffee cup must be empty...and your saying..is she ever going to stop talking?? Another thing ( but you probably already know this) I love to talk!!! So Here's to the New Year and all the good things it will bring!!! Cheers!!!!!


Thanks so much for stopping by. I love reading your comments and I appreciate your scrappy support! Have a wonderfully happy scrappy day! Lynn

12 comments:

  1. First of all, your page is fantastic and what a great idea to remember the moments of 2012! Celebrating your accomplishments is a great thing to do! I just know that 2013 is going to be an even better year for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great year you had, both in life and scrapbooking goals. You sound so happy and proud...Just the way it should be. Happy New Years to you and your loved ones and of course we cannot forget your fur babies. The best to you in 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. what a year. Congratulations on all yourachievements

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous year Lynn! Congrats! I hope 2013 is even better for you and your family! Love the art journal page! Just gorgeous! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pages are amazing!!!! Loving the colors!! And totally LOVED reading about your year!! What a great year you have had!! Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved reading your post! I am so happy to have "met" you through Bo Bunny and to call you one of my scrappy friends! I hope 2013 is full of wonderful blessing for you and everything you do!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keep those long posts coming, its so nice to hear about your achievements and also the happiness that comes from something sad like losing a pet (actually they're more like a family member really). I'm truly loving your art journaling, so keep them coming... Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. well it was definetly an amazing year for you!! love your journaling page and I hope 2013 brings you just as many new adventures in your life!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year Lynn. You inpsired me to get out my inks and create another art journal page.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post Lynn! I love your pages and I gotta say ... Go YOU!! Sounds like 2012 was a truly successful year despite starting on a sad note. Here's to all your goals being achieved in 2013 too! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your enthusiasm..that's what made me a follower to begin with...you really did have a great year,I am truly sorry for the loss of your furrybaby, I know how much they mean to a family but am over joyed by your new additions! May this new year be oh so much better then the last!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing project and what an amazing year you have had!! I hope you have a wonderful 2013 as well!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate you stopping by and leaving a comment. I love to read them, they make me smile! Blessings for a beautiful day.