Wednesday, July 6, 2016

The Wired Soul Book Review

Good Morning! Today I'm doing something a little different. I'm doing a book review. I was given a complimentary copy of this book by Tyndale House and thought I would share my thoughts with you.

In this age of "hyper connectivity" we are more tired, less aware. We are distracted and always think we need to be up to date on all our social media. Texts are beeping, emails are dinging, and where are we? We are the ones trying to play catch up 24/7! And where does that leave us time to pray? To meditate? To be thankful? In this book Tricia McCary Rhodes shows us how to slow down, connect with our God, to go back to the classic disciplines that we need to keep us focused and aware. Our brains are being wired everyday in many ways, so why not have it slow us down, keep us in tune with our surroundings and our prayer life.

I found some out some very interesting things about myself while reading this book. When she talks about how we skim materials, whether it be text messages or a book, I thought "well that isn't me".. but yes, yes it is! I learned how to focus, take my time, read and take in all the information. I am learning to slow down. It's not a race to see who finishes first, it's about what we learned and how we can apply it in our own lives. It was a very moving book for me. I liked the science explanations and the personal stories she shared. It was a book that opened my eyes to how this "Technology" age has us scrambling. I would definitely share this book with my adult children.






To see my new products..come pop by my little Etsy Shop https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/Lot95Designs. Thanks so much for stopping by. I love reading your comments and I appreciate your scrappy support! Have a wonderfully happy scrappy day! Lynn Affiliate Disclosure: I am so blessed to be able to share and create content free of charge. In order to do this, please note that when you click links and purchase items, in most (not all) cases I will receive a referral commission. Your support in purchasing through these links is very much appreciated. All the items are supplies that I personally use and recommend. Thank you again for your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I so appreciate you stopping by and leaving a comment. I love to read them, they make me smile! Blessings for a beautiful day.