Friday, October 6, 2017

The Wonder of Advent Devotional

Are you ready for the Christmas Season? Really ready? Are we prepared to celebrate the season to it's fullness? This book The Wonder of Advent by Chris Tiegreen may be just what we need. To quote the author "We want not only to appreciate what happened in Bethlehem more than two millennia ago; we want to experience it in our lives right now.". We have all heard the story and sang the songs, but to experience it by delving deep into Gods word and applying it to our own lives, brings to life a whole new meaning. Within the book are Scriptures, explorations of the passages, prayers, and questions for reflection. It causes you pause, to ponder, to pray. Come to a whole new understanding of the miracle of Jesus' birth through this amazing little book.

When I first received this book I was so curious I had to read just a few pages. Well a few pages led to a few more. I was seeing the story of Jesus' birth as if for the first time. The book is so well written and really helps us prepare for the season of Advent. I am ready to begin reading this book again through the weeks leading to Christmas. I love the questions that prompted reflection not only  about what happened so long ago, but how it affects us today. I believe this book will be brought out time and again during the Advent seasons to come.

I was so blessed with a copy of this book from Tyndale House for review.



 Thanks so much for stopping by. I love reading your comments and I appreciate your scrappy support! Have a wonderfully happy scrappy day! Lynn

Affiliate Disclosure: I am so blessed to be able to share and create content free of charge. In order to do this, please note that when you click links and purchase items, in most (not all) cases I will receive a referral commission. Your support in purchasing through these links is very much appreciated. All the items are supplies that I personally use and recommend. Thank you again for your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I so appreciate you stopping by and leaving a comment. I love to read them, they make me smile! Blessings for a beautiful day.