Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Frosted Designs - Cherish


For our Frosted Designs Sketch Along Tuesday Challenge I decided to use a photo of Nicole and I on her wedding day. This is a photo I haven't scrapped yet. I was saving it for a special layout and this was it. One night Nicole came and sat by me in my studio and said she had a question to ask me. She asked if I would be her Matron of Honor at her wedding. I was stunned. I quickly asked if she wanted someone skinnier, younger, a friend maybe?? She looked at me and said "Mom, there is no one that I want standing by my side when I marry Christopher but you, you are my best friend". That was the biggest compliment I could have ever gotten. I proudly stood by her on her wedding day with tears in my eyes and a smile on my face. I love my girl and she truly is my best friend.

This is the amazing sketch we got to play with this week!!! Stop by my friends and join us at Frosted Designs


Thanks so much for stopping by. I love reading your comments and I appreciate your scrappy support! Have a wonderfully happy scrappy day! Lynn

Supplies: Prima Printery Collection, Prima Flowers, Prima Resist Canvas

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout and a very special photo showcased gorgeously.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is GORGEOUS! I loveeeeeeeeee that photo, the colors, the doily and LOVING those beautiful flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous layout and you really rocked this sketch! The photo of you two is one of my favourites and it looks awesome showcased on your layout with those great neutral colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my gosh, your story just brought tears to my eyes, don't you just love having a daughter? I do, love my boys just as much, but I remember when I was pregnant with Analise, I had already had Ben, I was praying she would be a girl... I lost my mom when I was 9, so to have that mother/daughter relationship was important to me, and the weirdest part is my daughter is a spitting image of my mother! ok, enough teary rambling, your layout is gorgeous and you and your daughter looked gorgeous on her big day!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi lynn, Beautiful story, i hope one day i will have a daughter that will say the same words. gorgeous layout!Channa

    ReplyDelete
  6. your layout and how beautiful that you were the matron of honor!! what a wonderful story!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome take on the sketch Lynn!! I love the black, cream, and light yellow color scheme on this...it's gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMGosh what a beautiful page! Its stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lynn, I just found your blog and your work is beautiful. I especially love this one of your daughter's wedding. I love the layering and the detail with the clocks etc.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a gorgeous LO, Lynn!! Such a sweet relationship with your daughter!! ~ Blessings

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful layout, and what a special memory to preserve. I love the papers you used, very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous layout, and such a sweet memory with your daughter. :)

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate you stopping by and leaving a comment. I love to read them, they make me smile! Blessings for a beautiful day.