Monday, April 16, 2012

Graduation Journey - Let's Get Sketchy

The amazing sketch by Bev Code from Let's Get Sketchy was just perfect for a layout of Nicole graduating from University. I'm having a proud momma moment here so bare with me, lol. In the fall of 2007 Nicole was in a terrible car accident. She was hit by a City Street cleaner truck. Her car was squished and she was lucky to survive the accident. She suffered alot of spine, neck and head injuries along with back and knee injuries as well. It was a long recovery for my poor girl. Her dream was to be a ballroom dancer and she was well on her way at the time winning competitions and doing showcase dances. After the accident she couldn't dance anymore. She started to concentrate on finishing university. It took her almost 6 years to finish a 4 year degree. She threw her heart and soul into studying. She graduated in the summer of 2011 with Distinction, making the Dean's list and her marks were a 4.0! I'm so proud of this young lady. I wish everyone could spend an hour talking to her. I'm in tears just remembering her journey. She is everything to me, and I admire her in so many different ways.

Below is the sketch we got to work with at  Let's Get Sketchy, so come on by, have some fun and win some great prizes!!!


Thanks so much for stopping by. I love reading your comments and I appreciate your scrappy support! Have a wonderfully happy scrappy day! Lynn

Supplies: My Minds Eye "Sunshine" 6x6 paper pack, "Label Stickers", Prima Flowers, Tim Holtz Distress Ink "Vintage Photo"

8 comments:

  1. lovely page i like all the cluster work you did.
    byebye,Lean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice LO, I really like you style on your layouts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a cute take on this sketch. The cluster is darling too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing this beautiful page that celebrates Nicole's amazing accomplishments! Wow, what an incredible girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm proud of her too! Love the page.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome layout and I am so glad your daughter made a full recovery. I had a similar situation when my daughter was in a car accident last summer. She broke her neck, but luckily a retired fireman and an emergency room nurse were the first people on the scene. They immobilized her and as a result, she too has made a full recovery and is back at the University. I hope in a couple of years I will be scrapping a layout like this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is GORGEOUS!! I loveeeeee the colors, the flowers and loveeeeeee the frames!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great take on the sketch! I love how you framed the smaller photos and the cluster of flowers is stunning!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate you stopping by and leaving a comment. I love to read them, they make me smile! Blessings for a beautiful day.