Thursday, January 24, 2013

Art is My Happy Place

Happy Thursday! I decided to step out of my "neutral" "earth tone" style and do something colorful and bright on my art journal page. I've been following along with Creative Jump Start hosted by the amazingly talented Nathalie Kalbach. So many fun and new techniques to learn. Catherine Scanlon did a video with three fabulous different technqiues, so this is where my inspiration came from. I mixed a bunch of colors on the background, and when I smeared them, hmmm it looked brown, lol.. maybe a little more practice there, lol. But I had fun, got messy and have a great time!

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love reading your comments and I appreciate your scrappy support! Have a wonderfully happy scrappy day! Lynn

10 comments:

  1. This one is just pure fun! I love the colors and the circle design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Title is so true...cool work again Lynn.
    byeee,Lean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi sweet friend wow what amazing cool beautiful art of scrap ...

    And I wanted let you now I have made a another one blog for inspire and what also made I hope you come visite me I have your design featured on my blog as inspire for people with your link ?!
    This is the blog I am curius what you find off this?
    http://carlies-wwwcarliesworld.blogspot.nl/

    My another blog is also active
    http://carliesscraplife.blogspot.nl/

    Hugs carla

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you always step out of your comfort zone, seek out new ideas and techniques and just GO for it!! Awesome page, Lynn :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I very much enjoyed your dotty journal page.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow Love this journal page Lynn!! amazing

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love love love love this!! LOVING all the circles and the colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the bright colors Lynn, such a fun little journal page, and I like the words inside the circles,your book must be looking really great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So gorgeous, Lynn. I've been watching the Jumpstart videos, too, but am WAY behind!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome! Love the colors and design! So fun and fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate you stopping by and leaving a comment. I love to read them, they make me smile! Blessings for a beautiful day.