Monday, February 11, 2013

Sunflower Canvas





Happy Friday!! What an awesome day! My daughter is here for the weekend, so that means I get to see my gran-puppy Jaxson! It's always so nice when they come home, I miss them so much. I wanted to share a canvas I made for my girlfriends birthday. It was the first project of my attempt at art that I have given away. She was so excited, because her favorite flower is a sunflower and the colors matched her house to a tee! I found this technique from Tim Coffey on Pinterest and just had to give it a try... sooooo much fun! Took me forever to make, but it was worth it. I have no idea how many layers of paint are on this, lol.. My daughter loved it so much I'm going to make her one now!!


Thanks so much for stopping by. I love reading your comments and I appreciate your scrappy support! Have a wonderfully happy scrappy day! Lynn

12 comments:

  1. HOLLY MOLLY stunning!! love the texture on those sunflowers!! wow!! this is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wauw cool canvas with great texture.
    byebye,Lean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super awesome canvas! The flowers look amazing and what a great technique!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lynn this is gorgeous and I love the colours.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you had a wonderful time with your daughter and grandpuppy! What an absolutely gorgeous canvas! You did an amazing job with the sunflower design!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lynn this is awesome and I'd love to know how to achieve such a pretty look on a journal page. I really love those sunflowers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowwwwwwwwwwww! This is GORGEOUS! I love love love love those sunflowers!! That texture is amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy smokes girl! This is AWESOME!!!
    I want one too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW!! Lynn, this is just stunning! you need to tell us how you did that, what is the flower made of? it is a dimensional glue or paint? soooo cool!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous Lynn!! Sunflowers are my favorite!!! Love the great texture you created on your canvas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow amazing the flower
    so stunning !!!
    my friend having a nice day

    oxox carla

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! THis is incredible, Lynn! The dimension and texture of those sunflowers is fabulous! lucky lucky friend :)

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate you stopping by and leaving a comment. I love to read them, they make me smile! Blessings for a beautiful day.