Friday, April 5, 2013

ScrapThat - close ups

Good Morning Everyone!  I'm so excited to be a guest designer this month for ScrapThat. It's a Canadian Kit Club, and I have a few projects to share with you using the April Kit. When I saw the patterned papers from the Donna Salazar collection, I was in love. For this layout I used the main kit and the sketch by Amarilys Doria but flipped it on it's side. I loved having the burlap in the kit as well, it just added to the shabby feel of the layout of my daughter. I chose to do her photo in black and white to blend into the neutral colors. I added some doilies from my stash and did some faux stitching to finish my project.

Here are some close up's of the details.
                      I used the twine along with some glossy accents to wrap around the flowers.
        I loved the Chipboard Alphas that came with the kit, and I just added a little ink to the edges.

 For this layout I played with the main kit and the embellishment add on kit. I will be sharing a tutorial later this month on how I added some texture to the background. I just couldn't get enough of using the burlap, so I added it to this project as well.
Here you can see a sneak of the texture I added. I also used my sprays to add color to some white flowers from my stash.

For my last project I used the Prima Flower spray and just tucked it around my photo. I used some punches to play with the frame. The title I cute out of one the patterned papers from the main kit along with my Silhouette Cameo. I just had to add some more of the burlap to my project, can you tell how much I love it?
With the embellishment add on kit there was some chipboard from FabScraps. I used some stamps and ink along with the Maya Road Trinkets to jazz up the chipboard.


Thanks so much for stopping by. I love reading your comments and I appreciate your scrappy support! Have a wonderfully happy scrappy day! Lynn

8 comments:

  1. Lovely layouts with stunning photos! You did an excellent job with the burlap! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layouts Lynn! I also watched the video at scrap that about the the textured background...that was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous creations...love the colors

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning as always! I love the first layout so much those colours go together so beautiful and your daughter should be a model. Gorgeous layouts for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning layouts Lynn. The colours are all so soft and romantic! LOVE the burlap!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful layouts! I especially love the Nikki one- so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate you stopping by and leaving a comment. I love to read them, they make me smile! Blessings for a beautiful day.