Monday, June 23, 2014

Creative Blog Hop!!

Good Morning Everyone!! Some friends I know are doing a creative blog hop!  Last week my sweet friend Di Willcox tagged me in her blog so today it's my turn to share some things about myself and share some wonderful friends blogs with you. Next week they will be sharing their thoughts and sharing more blogs with you! This is so much fun and I would like to thank Di for thinking of me!! So let's get answering those questions!

1. What am I working on?
Right now I'm working on some pages for my Misc. Me binder! I'm so in love with the Somewhere In Time collection from BoBunny. This spread is all about a trip we just took in the mountains.

2. How does my work differ from others in my genre?

I really don't think I am different or do anything special when I scrap. I can tell you what I love!! Layers, layers and more layers! Embellies, paint, stamps and mist!! I love to experiment. I will say that the one thing I tend to lean towards is earthy colors. I have a hard time doing fun bright projects. I will do simple, the next layout is fussy cutting, then the next is a layout with a mixed media twist! It's fun to try new things.

3. Why do I create what I do?

Sometimes I create just for fun. I just want to play. That's usually when I reach for my art journal 
( which by the way has been neglected for the past while).  Other times I am doing design projects where I am assigned something. The bottom line is I create because I want to capture memories on paper, I want to tell a story, and also because I enjoy the creativity. It takes me to my happy place!

How does my creative process work?
I tend to always start with a photo I want to scrap. Then I find a collection that I want to work with. I then play with layers ( lots of layers). The fun part comes next...the embellies!! I mix and match, layer and play! Titles are the thing I find the hardest to do. Now that I have a cameo, it's a little easier to make a title. A lot of the time I will use a sticker from a collection that jumps out at me. To finish off I always grab my stamps and stamp pad. This is the part where I say " just a little more"!! My goal is to add more journaling to my projects. Most of the time I like to hide it with a tag or on the edge of my project.


So the big question is.. where do I find inspiration? I love galleries and Pinterest, but I do love blog hopping and checking in on all the amazing scrappers out there!! Here are two of my favourite ladies!

Juliana Michaels is such an amazing lady. We have been scrappy friends for a few years and she never ceases to amaze me with the projects she does. I met her when I started designing for BoBunny and she took me under her wing and was my mentor!! I call her the Queen of Altered Items!! I am in awe of what she creates. Her layouts are so fun. She has so many different techniques ( and yes she shares them with everyone). I hope you enjoy her blog as much as I do!

 Rhonda Van Ginkel is my scrappy buddy!! We run ideas past each other, chat about everyday life, and she always is ready to help figure out that "little extra something" my project needs. I always admire her projects and try to figure out how she did it!! She is incredible! Her cards blow me away every time. Her attention to detail amazes me!! Did I mention she has the two cutest boys!! I hope you enjoy her blog too!!

Next week these two fabulous scrappers will share with you too.. 


Thanks so much for stopping by. I love reading your comments and I appreciate your scrappy support! Have a wonderfully happy scrappy day! Lynn

3 comments:

  1. Cool to see and read about you and your work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, thanks Lynn! I adore your work as well and it was fun to read more about you!!!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate you stopping by and leaving a comment. I love to read them, they make me smile! Blessings for a beautiful day.