Thursday, November 25, 2010

My Sunflower

This is all about my sunflower! When I had surgery, Nicole bought me a bouquet of sunflowers which are one of my favourite flowers. We were playing with the camera at the cabin and took this photo which I love (it's my screensaver lol). I wanted to do a layout using this photo and so when I found another sketch at lets capture these sketches I was pretty excited. I found some old Bo Bunny paper that I had stored in my stash and away I went. Thanks to the talented Martine who designed the sketch! The twist was to not use any cardstock, which was easy for me because I rarely use it! This layout brought me back to summer and my sunflower since today I'm looking out my window and all I see is snow, lol.
Lets Capture These Sketches #63
The journaling reads: It stands in the garden border so elegant and tall, The lovely yellow sunflower, the happiest flower of all. It loves to hold its head high, towards the heavens above, For it know that God is watching, and tending it with love. A lesson can be learned from this gracious yellow flower, It doesn't question how it grows, but trust God's wondrous powers.

The challenge at sketches in thyme this week was to use a sketch, any sketch and show your work. I love this one, so I thought I would share it with the girls there!

9 comments:

  1. Wow, what perfect PP you found! Looks great! I love all the sunflowers. Makes it all sunny! You're right...it would be better to think of summer than stare at the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely gorgeous. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous layout girl!! I love all the beautiful sunflowers! So happy that you participated in the sketch at LCOM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your layout! Sunflowers have always been my favorite flower and yellow my favorite color - they are both so happy, just like your layout.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great LO!)
    Thanks for joining with us at Sketches In Thyme.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful lo with vibrant colors. I love the different sizes of the letters for the title.
    Thank you for joining us at Sketches In Thyme

    ReplyDelete
  7. great LO and sketch, may have to lift this one :)

    thanks so joining us at sketches in thyme :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful photo! and your Bo Bunny papers are just perfect for this LO! great take on the sketch and don't you just love it when you scrap simple things that makes you smile. thanks for playing along with us at Sketches in Thyme.
    hugs,
    isay :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a gorgeous LO!! That picture is amazing... i can see why you use it as your screensaver! Thanks for playing along at Sketches in thyme this week!
    barb :)

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate you stopping by and leaving a comment. I love to read them, they make me smile! Blessings for a beautiful day.