Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Kite Day

One day in the fall at the lake the kids decided they wanted to fly kites. They drove a half an hour to the nearest town and came home with three really cute kites. It was the perfect windy day. They were running back and forth to the lake trying to get their kites in the air. It was a really nice day that we spent together. It reminded me of when they were little and we would go out in the field and play. It`s nice to see that even in your twenties you can be a kid again. Now.... how this layout came about.

On my last trip to Urban Scrapbook, I was yet again challenged to use a collection I have never used before. Pat gave me the added challenge of working with vellum. Well...I combined the sketch at Stuck On U Sketches with this fun paper and this is what I came up with. Vellum flowers are just too much fun to make!! Thanks for the challenge Pat!! 

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love reading your comments and I appreciate your scrappy support! Have a wonderfully happy scrappy day! Lynn

Supplies by Urban Scrapbook
American Crafts - 
Dear Lizzy Neapolitan Collection - Flutterbys - Stitched Paper Garland - Happy Chance Pennant
 Hazy Horizon
               Lovely Afternoon Vellum
Sweet Sundress
            Sparkling Smile Vellum
   Lucky Laugh
        Tarragon clothespins

Other Supplies: Misc. Buttons, Wilton Doily, Time Holtz Distress Ink Forest Moss







9 comments:

  1. I loveeeeeeee this!! Great photo and awesome story! I loveeeeeeeee the colors and loving the trees!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flying kites is great fun...at any age :) Very pretty design, Lynn! I've been eyeing this collection too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I love this LO! The colors are so delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a very pretty layout! I LOVE those vellum flowers you created! Such a perfect touch! Cute little banner too and the clothespins are adorable! Thanks so much for participating at SOUS!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What is up sister!
    How are you?
    Did you change your blog around...felt
    like something was different but can't tell what. LOL!
    Duh!
    Anyways, great page! Fun colors/prints! All pretty perfect!

    ~Leah

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colors and papers on this page are so pretty Lynn and I love, love those cute little clothes pins!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lynn, this is such a beautiful layout!!! The colors are so soft, and I love your banner and clothespins!! Thanks for joining us over at SOUS!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so gorgeous. The colors and everything fits so well with the kite theme. Sounds like a wonderful day!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is such a cute take on our sketch and I too love all of those awesome details, like the banner and clothes pins.. just all out fantastic!
    thnx for playing along with us girls over at SOUS
    hugs
    Nanné

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate you stopping by and leaving a comment. I love to read them, they make me smile! Blessings for a beautiful day.