Thursday, March 8, 2012

Urban Scrapbook / Scrap it With A Song - Nothing Compares 2 U



This is my son Ryan when he was a year old. So many people have been doing vintage photos, or just older photos that have never been scrapped, so it made that little light bulb go off in my head, lol. I had done scrapbooks for my kids almost 20 years ago, ummm...not sure I would show those to anyone now, lol. The other day I was thinking about what photo I wanted to scrap. I went downstairs where it was like Euphoria...10 photo boxes FULL of family photos that have never been scrapped. So look forward my friends to seeing my Ryan who is now 20 as a baby and Nicole who is now 24 as a baby too. I'm excited to begin this journey of memories. This layout is for my debut as a new designer with Scrap It With A Song. I have used their songs a billion times for layout inspiration and titles, so I am honored to join such a team of fabulous ladies. I also used some new Echo Park paper, and it's the first time I've even bought a line from them. I am lovin it!!! I think there is more Echo Park in my future. I took inspiration from Leslie's sketch on the Echo Park Blog. This layout will also be taking a trip to Urban Scrapbook!! I did mention I love those girls right? lol  This was a mouth full...but I'm so happy!!!

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love reading your comments and I appreciate your scrappy support! Have a wonderfully happy scrappy day! Lynn


Supplies: Echo Park This & That "Dots & Plaid", "Swirls","Numbers","Yardsticks","Vintage Boy","Instamatic","Border Strips","Journaling Cards","Element Stickers", "Layered Chipboard", "Decorative Brads",Kaisercraft Clear Stamps "Grunge", Martha Stewart Embossed Pop Up Daisy Punch, Tim Holtz Distress Ink Vintage Photo

15 comments:

  1. You've come a long ways from the caterpillar days Sis! Very cute layout with some great stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your page is gorgeous. I love scrapping pics of my son when he was little too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this page Lynn!! Everything looks great clustered around your photo and awesome papers and colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous page Lynn! I love the stamping. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you mean... I ain't gonna show anyone but the family my old lo's!! LOL!! I loveeeeeeeeee this lo!! I loveeeeeeeee that CUTE CUTE CUTE photo and loveeeeeeeeeee the colors and layers!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So I'm looking through all these layouts and marking some to print for my "inspiration book" when I realize I am marking all of them!! LOL! I love your designs. Then I realized you were the Lynn I kept voting for during the Practical Scrappers Layout Contest! Your layouts are great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous layout Lynn!! Absolutely love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love what you've done here with this layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous layout, Lynn. The composition is beautiful and suits the lovely photograph of your son perfectly. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Lynn :) I'm sure your children are so proud of you! I love the choice of colors and awesome stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lynn, this layout is beautiful. I know what you mean about your early layouts! I wish I could go back and redo my first ones - but I barely have time to do the ones I am working on now! Thanks so much for your sweet comments on my blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on making it to the sketchabilities team!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really cute photo...so glad you found those boxes in the basement! This is an awesome design with these pps, Lynn!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful Layout! Love the picture and colors//Carina

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate you stopping by and leaving a comment. I love to read them, they make me smile! Blessings for a beautiful day.