Thursday, December 12, 2013

Create



Hi Everyone! I found a sketch at Sketchabilities that I just had to try. I love how Karan is doing a little mixed media flair with her sketches. Now this one was an interesting project. I couldn't find the right paper, I fussed, I cut, I tore and finally came up with something. Then out came the stencils and paint. Then the mists. That's where things started to get interested. Too much mist!! A little gesso!! More mist. I wasn't sure what I thought so I sent a pic to my sister and said.. what do you think? Keep it? Or start again? She said keep it so here it is, lol. Do you have those days when you think a project will just come together effortlessly and then it ends up taking all day? Well, this was one of those days!! Happy Scrapping Everyone!!

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love reading your comments and I appreciate your scrappy support! Have a wonderfully happy scrappy day! Lynn

Supplies:
Patterned Paper: Roulette, Calligraphy, Arcade/ Prima Engraver; Yesterday/Prima Lifetime
Stamps: She And He, I am an artist, She Script/Unity Stamp Co.
Mists: Incandescent Copper/ Lindy's; Chocolate/ Stephanie Barnard+
Stencils: Reverse Chicken Wire/ TCW, Cameo Stencil Tea Dyed
Paint: Espresso/Craftsmart

18 comments:

  1. Fab layout! Love all your mixed media touches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome colours, elements and layering! Love this LO!

    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out awesome! I need to play along too now - thanks for inspiring me to dig out my paint, mists and gesso gf!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mixed media layouts always amaze me, Lynn! This is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is amazing Lynn! so much fun to look at, you are awesome with mixed media :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous layout! Love the framing and fabulous distressed quality to your page! I think the time and effort was totally worth it! I LOVE it! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is sooooooooo gorgeous!!!! I love love love the colors, the textures and those awesome layers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the awesome mix of neutral colors on this page Lynn, and the way you framed your photo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow this is so creative with wonderful earthy tones.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your mixed media Lynn and this one is just fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful page and a great picture to go with it. And yes, I know those layouts where I work on for many hours, covering, adding, covering etc etc. But I always end with a lot of texture because of this :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The earth tones are fabulous and I love how you tilted your journaling. A+ -Andrea@scrapality.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome natural colours on your layout Lynn. Love all the details on the background too. Great to see your LO at Sketchabilities :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great colors stunning page and details.
    byebye,Lean

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love, love, love this wild take on the sketch! the earthy tones are wonderful, and your background work is simply fab.
    Thank you for playing with us at Sketchabilities and I hope you'll join us on our next reveal too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow so beautifully done!!!

    xxx carla

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous take on the sketch, Lynn! Thanks for joining us at Sketchabilities!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate you stopping by and leaving a comment. I love to read them, they make me smile! Blessings for a beautiful day.