Monday, February 18, 2013

Curiosity - Let's Get Sketchy



Morning!!! I'm hoping this scheduled post comes up, lol. Hubby and I are in Victoria enjoying an early spring vacation and will be home tomorrow night! Since it's Monday, that means a new sketch is up for everyone to play with. I loved this one from Bev, lots of fun things to add to a project. This is Ryan in Grade 7. He decided he wanted to join the Jazz Band at school and play the trumpet! It was so much fun! I remember being in a Jazz band in highschool. The band did a few tours and played in a competition here at home. My goal is to scrap more photos of my sweet boy! The girl layouts come so easy for me, and these boy ones..they are a challenge! I tried not to put flowers on this one, lol. Hope your all having a fantastic Monday!!!

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love reading your comments and I appreciate your scrappy support! Have a wonderfully happy scrappy day! Lynn.

Authentique Supplies:
Patterned Paper: Academic, Studious,Determined/ Curiosity Collection
Stickers: Curiosity Details
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink Forest Moss
Stencils: TCW Mini Chunky Chevron, Mini Hexagons

14 comments:

  1. It's up and going! I love your take on the sketch and how you gave it a more masculine feel and how you used your stencils!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did an excellent job with the sketch and creating a masculine page! I have a harder time with a boy page as well. I don't understand it! Nice job! Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my - how cute is that hat he is wearing! Love it.
    Great take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely page Lynn and once you get into the boys layouts you'll love them, different colours and embellies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee the colors and the hexagons! Hope you had fun on your little vacay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great Lynn!! Love the mix of the Hexagon and Chevron pattern and the Authentique papers!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. fantastic layout Lynn!! and I hope you have lots of fun in Victoria and everywhere you go!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool work with the sketch lovely page.
    byebye,Lean

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous, so love the sketch too and your interpretation - wonderful paper/colours, and photograph. Enjoy your time away!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love your layout Lynn, that photo is too cute, I love the blues and yellows and those papers are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, he is SO CUTE! This is an awesome masculine design! Love the hexagons!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous masculine page!! Love how you framed your hexagons and repeated then in your background! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous page!! Love the layers. ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I also love your masculine page! I, too, have a hard time with boy layouts! They always seem like they are missing something. Great job, my friend!!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate you stopping by and leaving a comment. I love to read them, they make me smile! Blessings for a beautiful day.