Friday, March 8, 2013

Today Only Happens Once - Quick Quotes



Morning Everyone! Today I would love to share  a layout I did using the New Stowaway collection. I love the distressed colors in this collection. I thought it would be just the right choice for a photo my husband took of me while we were on our mini vacation a few weeks ago. Along with the PowderPuff Chalk Inks, this was a fun layout to do.  
 For some added texture, I took my Prima stencil and some modeling paste and did a design around the edges. To add the color back into the background, I used the Tahiti PowderPuff Chalking Ink which matched the patterned paper. I also added some texture to the Travel Quote to give it a distressed look.
Using my Silhouette Cameo, I cut out the starfish border and then used Biscotti PowderPuff Chalking Ink and Tahiti PowderPuff Chalking Ink to add some dimension. Since I couldn't get enough of playing with the ink, I tried it on my cheesecloth that I tucked behind the Quote and my photo, and it worked perfectly! I'm truly in love with these inks!! I can't wait to showcase the new colors that are coming out.

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love reading your comments!

Quick Quotes Supplies:
Patterned Paper: Stowaway 400, Stowaway 6x6 Paper Pad
Chipboard: Stowaway Chipboard Die Cuts
Bundles: Travel Bundles
Powder Puff Chalking Inks: Midnight Confession , Mocha MamaTahitiBiscotti

Other Supplies:
Bo Bunny Blossoms: Natural Earth Daisy, Denim Blue Daisy
Prima Stencil
Modeling Paste
Matte Medium
Cheesecloth

20 comments:

  1. Really great touches that you added around the outside of the page and distressing the quote was a super idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowwwwwww! This is GORGEOUS! LOVING the colors, the flowers and those stars!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I especially like the hit of colour from the flowers and the stencilling works a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow this is so striking Lynne love it . and thanks so much for your love on my blog .. what a wonderful thing to say, you have warmed my heart .. thank you so much xoxooxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful Lynn!! It is fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful page Lyn..sweet journaling and great colors.
    have a lovely weekend byeeee,Lean

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've created such a beautiful dreamy mood on this layout! Fabulous design, Lynn!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. absolutely fabulous. My friend

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this Lynn! This is one of my favorite Quick Quotes collections and you showcased it perfectly! I just love how you embellished around the quote.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty framing on the pretty picture!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Lynn! I just had to stop by your blog to tell you how much I love your doodles' photo! We had a male doodle who' name was Jack and he was the most lovable dog ever!!!! I also really like your gorgeous layout, too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. love your layout, very peaceful colors that go great with the quote...and your flower in the mouth piggy...well he's just making me smile!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love all the texture and inking! Gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wowwwwwwwwwwww! This is gorgeous!!! I love love love that photo, the colors and loving the flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is so so stunning :) the background looks amazing

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous!!!! I just love the starfish border!! It's always a treat to stop by your blog Lynn! xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome layout, Lynn! Love your starfish border!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so cool...it actually looks like sand washing away from a beach and leaving starfish behind! Such beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate you stopping by and leaving a comment. I love to read them, they make me smile! Blessings for a beautiful day.