Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Bees and Honey - Bible Journaling



Isaih 7:18 Bible Journal Page by Lynn Shokoples
 Good Morning! I'm here today to share another Bible Journal page with you. I can't even express the feelings I have when I read, reflect and create all by listening to the word of God. I would call myself a Spiritual person, rather than religious, but I still love to read and reflect. I found some pages on Pinterest and I knew I wanted to draw some bees and honey. First time for this experience, lol.. I'm finding out I love to draw ( well trace photos and try to draw the details). This image I found on google. Some draw, some paint, some trace, it's all ok! There is inspiration everywhere you look.
I know I'm having fun learning with my supplies. For this project I used Faber Castell Watercolor Pencils, Neo ColorII crayons and some Prismacolor Pencils to do the detailing.

Last post I said that I would share some sites I follow.. so today we will focus on Facebook! I love the
"Documented Faith" group, where there is a weekly prompt.The ladies are also so sweet and encouraging. I also follow "Bible Art Journaling Challenge" group where there is a weekly video and reading you can document if you want. "Journaling Bible Community" and "Creating in Faith" are also wonderful groups I've just joined. It's so wonderful to see how everyone worships in their own way and faith.

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love reading your comments and I appreciate your scrappy support! Have a wonderfully happy scrappy day! Lynn

5 comments:

  1. I just love how the honeycomb frames the page....and the bees are wonderful! Your love for art just shines on these pages :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Outstanding, so lovely and spiritual. Keep smiling and creating

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG ... I so love this idea ... Bible Journal ! Beautiful work...
    I have a Bible that my mom made me promise never to take in public... ( she bought me a new one); I used to teach new members classes, children's bible study, children's church and other classes; the pages fell out during a class, I never threw it away ... that would be so cool to do with that bible. I was going to have it rebounded but it cost more to do that than it did for a new one!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate you stopping by and leaving a comment. I love to read them, they make me smile! Blessings for a beautiful day.