Thursday, May 24, 2012

Because I Knew You

Good Morning Scrappy Friends! Today at Scrap It With A Song our new challenge is the song by Kristin Chenoweth from the musical Wicked called "For Good".  When I saw the line "Because I Knew You", I knew exactly what I wanted to scrap. This layout is of my grandmother, my Baba holding Ryan when he was a baby. This wonderful lady helped raise me from the time I was six weeks old. I can't even begin to type all the memories I have of her. She was so special to me. Just looking at this layout makes me miss her even more. She has now passed away, but I think of her often. Around my layout I wrote some of the lyrics from the song.
"It well may be, that we will never meet again in this lifetime, 
So let me say before we part, 
So much of me is made of what I learned from you.
You'll be with me, 
like a handprint on my heart....
But I know I'm who I am today,
Because I knew YOU.

I keep telling the girls that they keep making me cry when I see these songs. I love the challenges because they bring meaning to my layouts. I really hope you can stop by. We post a new song every week, and you have all month to enter. I also go to  try the new Jenni Bowlin line for this from my wonderful friends at Urban Scrapbook and I also used a sketch from a new site I found called Scrappy Sketches.

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love reading your comments and I appreciate your scrappy support! Have a wonderfully happy scrappy day! Lynn

                                                     Jenni Bowlin "Magpie" Collection
Additional Supplies: October Afternoon Shape Stickers, Tim Holtz Distress Ink "Vintage Photo", Prima Flowers



13 comments:

  1. This is beautiful and so touching! I loveeeeeee the photo, the colors and loving the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad the lyrics to this song hold so much meaning for you. Your layout is gorgeous - a beautiful tribute to your grandmother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous layout-I love all the layers!!
    Thanks for following my blog-even if I'm not the most regular of bloggers!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful layout Lynn!! Love all of the layering across your page and behind the photo!! And love the little hexagons you added at the bottom!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous LO and you chose such fabulous lyrics to use! It's so true, these lyrics are always making me cry too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful page Lynn! Very touching, I love the lyrics to this song. Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for using my sketch, love what you've done with it! A gorgeous page with a lovely vintage feel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so beautifull page!Love it
    Hugs from France
    Rosesarah

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lynn, your post brought me to tears, I too was raised by my grandparents, both my parents were gone by the time I was 13 and my grandparents became my legal guardians...you did an amazing job on this layout, and what a sweet photo, such pretty details, a nice way to remember her :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a beautiful song and layout. Very nice collage.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful layout! Sweet memories. xoxox Thanks for always the sweet comments left on my layouts! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful page! I love the mix of patterns on this layout and the photo is so precious. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate you stopping by and leaving a comment. I love to read them, they make me smile! Blessings for a beautiful day.